Courtesy of the Internet forum Agbioview, a daily e-mail service offered by the scientists at www.agbioworld.org
, we invite you to consider the following simple, open-ended questions:
(1) If I were genetically modified, I would prefer: (select one or more…)
· To be healthier
· To live longer
· To be more productive
· To be resistant to foreign chemicals
· To be automatically resistant to insects
· To be extra-resistant to disease
(2) If you replied ‘yes’ to any of the above, would you prefer to pass on the same traits to your children?
(3) If you replied ‘yes’ to any of the above, do you have any objection to crops having the same traits?